Chelsea are set to offer Victor Moses a new contract extension in a bid to ward off the clutches of Barcelona.
Moses has been in sensational form for the Blues this season, and has flourished in Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 system. Despite originally being a winger, the Nigerian has been converted into a wing-back to suit the system, and has done a marvellous job since the position switch.
Moses had previously spent most of his Chelsea career either on the bench, or on loan. Despite signing a new four-year contract at the start of the last season, he was again loaned out to West Ham. His spell with the Hammers was not one he would particularly have fond memories of, however, having made just 16 starts for the London club last season.
Having previously been overlooked by a number of Chelsea managers during his time at the club, the arrival of Antonio Conte in the summer seems to have brought life back into the mercurial 25-year-old.
SUBSCRIBE to BlameFootball on Youtube
According to Sky Sports, Barcelona have now established an interest in signing Moses. Chelsea are said to be aware of the Catalan club’s interest, but are not keen on letting go of the player, and are determined to ensure he remains at the club by offering him a new long-term contract.
Michael Emenalo, Chelsea’s technical director, is said to be impressed by the way Moses has adapted to his new role as a wing-back and is keen to tie him down to a new deal.
Moses still has three years left to run on his current contract, which expires in 2019, but a contract extension is sure to ward off interest from Barcelona.
— Sports Radio BrilaFM (@889BrilaFM) November 22, 2016