Liverpool Set To Battle Chelsea For Ivory Coast Star
Kessie has been highly impressive this season, and is considered as one of the hottest young prospects in the Serie A at present. The Atalanta starlet is already believed to be in talks with Antonio Conte’s table toppers over a potential January move. But with the Blues seeing their £22 million bid rejected, Conte has apparently decided to wait until summer to make an improved offer for the midfielder’s services.
However, Chelsea may not get the chance to do so come summer, if Liverpool succeed in signing the African star this month itself. Klopp is reportedly ready to table an offer north of £35 million to get his target.
But the German boss may still face hindrance in getting his man – who is currently representing Ivory Coast in the AFCON – as Atalanta are in no hurry to sell a star player who remains under contract with them until 2021. But if the Italian outfit does change its mind, the 20-year-old would definitely be offloaded to the highest bidder, thereby giving the Anfield giants the edge over their London opponents.
Juventus target Franck Kessie "I'd like to play for Manchester United. They have always been my favourite team." pic.twitter.com/da4eSZFWJr
— José Mourinho-MUFC (@Utd_JM) September 17, 2016
Manchester United Enter Dybala Race
Jose Mourinho is believed to already be on the lookout for a replacement for his main man Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who will turn 36 years old this year. The experienced striker, albeit in the best of shapes, cannot continue playing as the main forward for the Red Devils for more than two seasons, which is why the Special One is already planning to sign the Swede’s successor as soon as possible.
Mourinho has therefore, identified Juventus’ Paulo Dybala as the perfect candidate. The young Argentine is being dubbed by many as Lionel Messi’s natural successor, which is precisely why he is being monitored by numerous top clubs from all across Europe, including the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Manchester City. The Red Devils have now entered the midst too, and thanks to their financial superiority, are perfectly capable of meeting the 23-year-old’s £50m price tag.
United could also use their record signing Paul Pogba to help their cause, after Dybala recently admitted how he missed playing alongside the Frenchman.
“I’m still talking to Pogba. We are missing him for his quality on the pitch and his jokes in the dressing room,” Dybala recently told Corriere dello Sport.
Dortmund Boss Rules Out Move For Arsenal Youngster
Borussia Dortmund manager Thomas Tuchel has ruled out move for Arsenal youngster Gedion Zelalem.
The Gunners’ 19-year-old midfielder has been linked with a move to the German giants after failing to break into the first team at the Emirates. However, Tuchel has now revealed that he won’t be signing Zelalem – or anyone, for that matter – during the winter transfer window.
When asked about signing this USA u20 international, Tuchel told ESPN: “Right now? No. Not as far as I’m concerned. I don’t think that we add somebody [in January]. We had a lot of new players and it all takes time [to settle]. Even the German guys, who have a lot of experience, you have to admit that it took its time for them [to settle]. Every change in a club takes time.”
Middlesbrough To Rival AC Milan For Gerard Deulofeu
Middlesbrough are set to rival Italian giants AC Milan for the signature of Gerard Deulofeu, according to reliable Spanish journalist Guillem Balague.
The highly rated Deulofeu has seen his game time at Everton reduced largely under new boss Ronald Koeman, and the Spaniard has only started 5 games for the Toffees in all competitions so far this season. The Dutch manager has therefore decided to loan out his young starlet, and Serie A powerhouse AC Milan are currently the frontrunners to land the 22-year-old.
As per Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan took a step closer to wrapping up this deal on Wednesday, by submitting a fax to Everton that details their loan-to-buy bid for Deulofeu. However, this deal could now be blocked by Premier League outfit Middlesbrough, who could offer the Spanish winger some crucial experience in the English football itself – something Koeman would prefer.
Boro look set to make contact with the Merseyside club, as per Sky Sports‘ Guillem Balague, who stated: “Also, nothing has happened with Gerard Deulofeu so far, but I believe a call from Boro might arrive soon.”
Patrice Evra Opens Talks With Premier League Outfit
Patrice Evra has taken his first step towards making a return to England, by opening talks with a Premier League club, according to The Sun.
With rumours suggesting Evra has completely fallen out with Juventus manager Massimo Allegri, the Manchester United fan favourite now looks set to leave the Italian outfit this month itself. But despite reports linking him with a sensational return to the Theatre of Dreams, Evra has instead opened talks with a completely different English club: Crystal Palace.
The veteran Frenchman’s representatives have made contact with new Palace boss Sam Allardyce, and The Sun has already dubbed the Eagles as favourites to land the fullback. Evra, whilst being available for cheap, has high wage demands, which could prove to be a hindrance for Crystal Palace to complete this deal. Meanwhile, La Liga outfit Valencia are also reported as an interested party, but their pursuit has hit a roadblock due to the 35-year-old’s preference of playing in England over Spain.