Real Madrid Looking To Lure Away Yet Another Spurs Star
The La Liga giants have reportedly identified Alli as their prime transfer target for the summer, and they will try their utmost best to convince Spurs to let go of their prized asset, just like they did in the case of Luka Modric and Gareth Bale.
The young Englishman has scored 12 goals so far this season, and his hot form has attracted the interest of every major club in Europe. However, since the 20-year-old signed a new deal with the London club only last September, any interested party will have to pay a high amount to secure the youngster’s services. And as per the report, the Spanish outfit are doing just that, by preparing an offer north of £50 million.
Costa Ended All Speculation With His Performance Against Hull, Claims Conte
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has claimed that his star striker Diego Costa ended all the speculation that linked him with a transfer away from Stamford Bridge with his performance against Hull City.
The English media has recently been full of reports that claimed Diego Costa had fallen out with Antonio Conte, and was all set to leave Chelsea and head away, with the Chinese Super League labelled as his most probable destination. These rumours continued to persist despite Conte directly dismissing them, after Costa was dropped for Chelsea’s PL clash with Leicester City.
However, the Spanish international returned to the team that faced Hull City on Sunday, and scored the opener in the Blues’ eventual 2-0 victory. Following the win, Conte was quick to state that the performance Costa put in was sufficient to put all the rumours to bed once and for all.
“In this situation I told always the truth,” Conte told reporters. “I am happy for him and to finish this speculation. He played and played very well. I am pleased for him and for fans and club. Today finished all types of speculation.”
Deulofeu Spotted In Milan Ahead Of Loan Move
Gerard Deulofeu, who has found himself struggling at Everton under the management of Ronald Koeman this season, looks to have found an escape route, with Italian giants AC Milan being his new, albeit temporary, destination.
Doubts were expressed as to whether this deal will ever go through, especially after Milan were forced to delete their tweet in which they announced the completion of this particular loan deal.
However, the young Spaniard was most recently seen and pictured arriving at the Malpensa Airport, where he was greeted by AC Milan’s sporting director, Rocco Maiorino. This suggests that the deal is indeed on, and an official announcement from both sides can be expected any time soon.
New Update In Griezmann To Man United Story
If the latest reports are to be believed, there has been a new update in Antoine Griezmann’s much awaited big-money move to Manchester United.
There have already been rumours indicating that a ‘verbal agreement’ has been reached between the player’s representatives and the Old Trafford club. And Atletico Madrid boss added fuel to fire with his recent comments on Griezmann’s future, wherein he revealed that he will not force the Frenchman to stay in the Spanish capital if his wish is to leave.
And now, the Manchester United fans are in for more good news, after latest reports have suggested that the Red Devils’ hierarchy have already promised to offer Antoine Griezmann the legendary #7 shirt if he joins United next summer. The famous shirt – worn by the likes of George Best, Eric Cantona, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo, to name a few – was most recently worn by Memphis Depay, who vacated it by securing a move to Ligue 1 outfit Lyon.
Offering of this legendary shirt will indeed be an added incentive for Griezmann, who has previously revealed that the reason he himself chose the #7 shirt at his current as well as previous clubs was to honour his childhood hero, David Beckham.
PSG Made A Last Moment Approach For Memphis Depay, Claims Lyon President
Former Manchester United winger Memphis Depay was apparently approached by French giants Paris Saint-Germain before he signed for Lyon.
Just a few hours before the Dutchman officially completed his move to Lyon, PSG were extremely close to swooping in and signing him for themselves, according to the recent comments made Lyon President Aulas. He gave some inside information regarding PSG’s attempt, by stating: “Paris-Saint Germain tried to outbid us in the last moment led by Patrick Kluivert.”
However, Kluivert, PSG’s Director of Football, has denied attempting to sign the 23-year-old. He told French publication L’Equipe: “I know Memphis very well, I spoke to him, I didn’t try to sign him and I am very glad that he plays in Lyon. I spoke with him, but it was not directly to sign him.”