Manchester United To Reject Fosu-Mensah Bids
Manchester United will not be entertaining any loan offers for their young defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah, as per reports.
Fosu-Mensah has seen his game time reduced under the management of Jose Mourinho, having made just 2 starts for the Red Devils across all competitions this season. Therefore, as many as five different European clubs are looking to lure the Dutchman away from the Old Trafford club on a temporary basis.
However, Mourinho has absolutely no intention of letting Fosu-Mensah go out on loan. The 19-year-old has a host of players ahead of him in the pecking order, but the Portuguese still considers the youngster – who can play at CB, LB, and even CDM – as an important member of his squad. Hence, Jose will continue to closely monitor the defender’s development at the Theatre of Dreams.
Real Madrid Ready To Sell Morata, But Under One Condition
Real Madrid are ready to part ways with Alvaro Morata if they receive a substantial offer for the striker.
Morata left Juventus to return to Madrid in a £23 million deal, but has since struggled to get much game time under Zinedine Zidane. The Spaniard seems to have grown frustrated with being the second-choice forward at the Bernabeu, and is now looking to leave the Spanish capital.
The 26-year-old isn’t short of suitors at the moment, with Premier League giants Arsenal and Chelsea believed to be monitoring his current situation. However, Real are only willing to let go of their man if they receive €60m in exchange for his services.
As per Spanish media outlet Diario Gol, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, who is apparently angered by Morata’s attitude, has told the striker: ‘If we get €60m (£51m) you can leave tomorrow.’
Pochettino: Spurs Will Only Do Business If A “Special Player” Becomes Available
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that he won’t be signing any new players in the current transfer window, unless a truly “special player” becomes available in the market.
Spurs are right into the midst of this season’s title race, having lost just twice in 22 Premier League games so far. However, the London club won’t be bringing in any new additions to boost their title charge, despite letting go of midfielder Tom Carroll, who joined Swansea City for £4.5m this month.
Back in the summer, Spurs brought in French duo Georges-Kevin N’Koudou and Moussa Sissoko on deadline day, but they won’t be doing the same this month unless a world-class talent becomes available, Pochettino has insisted.
He was quoted as saying: “I told you from the first day of the month that we are not thinking to sign players. If some special player becomes available who is a very good option, then maybe, but it hasn’t happened yet. Nothing is impossible, because a player can arrive at the last moment, but I don’t believe we will sign anyone.”
Watford Complete The Signing Of Rumoured Arsenal Target
— Watford FC (@WatfordFC) January 26, 2017
Watford have completed the signing of AC Milan forward M’Baye Niang, the club confirmed on their official website.
The Premier League outfit have signed the youngster on a loan deal, with the option to make it permanent at the end of the season. The highly-rated 22-year-old, who can play as a winger and a central attacking midfielder, was consistently linked with numerous club, including Arsenal, but the Hornets have come out on top and secured his signature.
Watford’s official statement read: “Watford FC is pleased to confirm the capture of exciting young AC Milan forward M’Baye Niang. The highly-rated 22-year-old has signed on loan until the end of the 2016/17 season, and the Hornets also have the option of making the move permanent in the summer. He will wear squad number 21 for Watford.”
Celtic Reject Chelsea’s Offer For Goalkeeper
Chelsea have seen their offer for Celtic goalkeeper Craig Gordon rejected, as per Sky Sports.
The Blues seem to be on the lookout for a potential replacement for Asmir Begovic, as the 29-year-old looks set to leave Stamford Bridge before the deadline day, with Premier League outfit Bournemouth dubbed as favourites to secures the Bosnian international’s services.
And as per reports, Antonio Conte seems to have identified Celtic’s Craig Gordon as the perfect candidate for the job. However, Chelsea will have to dig in deeper if they are to land his signature, as their initial bid was downright rejected by the Scottish Champions. Gordon is a valuable member of Brendan Rodgers’ team, and it will thus take a sizable offer to convince the Scottish Premiership outfit to part ways with their 34-year-old man between the sticks.