Manchester United have received loan enquiries for Mason Greenwood, as per reports.
Greenwood, who was accused of sexual assault and other misdemeanors has not featured for the club since January of last year.
In a recent update, the authorities investigating the same decided to drop the case. As such, no legal outcome is expected from the controversial episode which caught the football world by storm last year.
In a public statement, United specified that a separate assessment of the same would be conducted by the club before taking their next course of action with respect to the forward.
Now, reports have indicated that certain clubs from Turkey as well as a few other outfits whose transfer windows remain open have expressed an interest in acquiring Greenwood on a loan spell.
Manchester United have received loan enquiries for Mason Greenwood from Turkish clubs and clubs with open transfer windows. At present they've not pursued a deal. As per statement when CPS dropped charges they will
'conduct its own process before determining next steps' #MUFC
— Mike McGrath (@mcgrathmike) March 2, 2023
The 21-year-old is technically an official part of the club. While much speculation has surfaced regarding his future with the side, the sheer publicity and the nature of the evidence which was initially put out has meant that an initial loan followed by a complete sale has always appeared to be the most likely outcome for all parties involved.
Having said that, recent allegations hurled at various players across the globe have been dealt with in a plethora of measures, from complete suspension to the clubs continuing to feature said players.
As such, the decision Manchester United eventually takes on Greenwood will be instrumental in setting a precedent for European football as such cases continue to surface.